Villa was constructed in the 1930's by a tradesman from Battambang,
this colonial architecture was very fashionable during the
French colonial period. The proprietor, Mr Eap Heo later bequeathed
his home to his two youngest children who then lived in the
residence till the coup d'etat in 1975.
After the Khmer rouge period, the house became the general
quarters for the Vietnamese army. It was given to a Cambodian
general after their departure.
For many years, the house was partially leased and squatted
before it was sold in 2004 to a young expatriate couple who
were mesmerized by the charm and beauty of this ancient house.